Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety
standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years experience preferred in set-up CNC lathes, multi-axis lathes and 4-axis and 5-axis horizontal milling, vertical milling machines.
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gauges, indicators and scales.
- Strong understanding in blue print reading/ geometric tolerancing interpretation.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- CNC programming a plus.
- Past experience with either or both Matsuura, Makino and Okuma equipment, as well as experience with conventional machines.
Responsibilities and Accountability
- Responsible for supporting operators in the training of loading parts, proving programs, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of productions. Reports all machine malfunctions to Operations Manager
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
OR Mail Resume to:
Alken Industries Career Opportunities
2175 Fifth Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779